Sunday 19 February 2012

Reaction to Brief

Upon reading the brief my first thought was excitement about creating a 3D villain aimed at children aged 7-11. I have already created a basic 3D character in the past, but not one that will require a sufficient amount of detail to show off the villain profile. I also started thinking about the techniques that I would need to use and found myself coming up with a few questions. Such as how would I do cartoon style eyes and what sort of new tools would I be using? When using 3DS Max I love finding new tools to use because there are just so many different ones that are suitable for different purposes.

Immediately I started thinking of ideas that would be suitable for the age range for children, checking that they were appropriate. At first I was thinking of something alien based but decided against it after a short while due to finding it hard to come up with a basic villain profile for it. In the end I decided on an evil janitor who works in the police station. My next task is to start coming up with a background for this evil character and also researching villains from films and cartoons so that I can start design and storyboarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment